Friday, October 7, 2011

The Friday Inches Off Report



Perspective: Starting point, 10/5/11,   Waist 39 inches    Gut 44 inches




6/29/12
Only Exercised 2Xs this week and it shows, a bit

Well with one thing, another and a heat wave on top of it, I only managed to exercise Tuesday and Wed, 6/26 and 27.
Here are the results, as measured on Friday am early, as they all are here:

6/29/12: Bust 41.75 Underbust 32 Waist 35   Belly Button 34.75  Gut 39      Hips 38.5
6/22/12: Bust 42      Underbust 32  Waist 33  Belly Button 35       Gut 38.75 Hips 38        

While you could say a ¼ inch each loss of my Bust and Belly Button Total Loss ½ inch
And a 2 inch waist gain on my waist, ¼ inch on my gut and ½ inch on my hips Total Gain this week: 2 ¾ inch

Could be, if I keep this only twice a week regime up, I might slowly gain it all back?
Maybe not, but I do not want to find out.

I hope I can do better next week
The main problem with this past week was I kept running out of day before I got everything that needed to be done in each day accomplished.

I bet this happens to everyone from time to time.
I usually find it happening at the end of the week, rather than a daily occurrence.
That alone began to wear me down by Wednesday…

 
6/22/12
Again, only 3Xs this week too

6/22/12: Bust 42    Under-bust 32     Waist 33   Belly Button 35  Gut 38.75 and Hips 38    
6/15/12: Bust 41.5 Under-bust 32.5, Waist 33, Belly Button 35, Gut 38 and Hips 39

Looks like gained, 1.75, (bust and gut) and lost 1.5, (underbust and hips)
I did increase some of my repetitions of Abs, Legs, Back and one Chest exercise, by 10 more each day…

I think I will have to exercise at least one more day a week to keep up any real inch loss.
I will try to do that this week. However, I am posting this on Monday, 6/25 and I do not even see how I can fit exercise in today, and it is 4:10 pm. You’d think I could get in one days worth, but I doubt it…

6/15/12
Only Exercised Three Times this Week

One more time than last week, yet only Tue, Wed. and Thur., although there is still time today, I doubt I will get around to it.

So Last Friday I measured:
Bust 44.5 inches, Under-bust 32.75 inches Waist 33inches, Belly Button 35, Gut 38.75 Hips 38.75
Today, 6/15/12
Bust 41.5 Under-bust 32.5, Waist 33, Belly Button 35, Gut 38 and Hips 39

Therefore, while it looks like
  • I gained .25 inch on my hips, 
apparently I lost:
  • 3 inches off my bust, and fit wise, it appears a smaller bra band size will be needed, soon.
  • .25 off my underbust
  • .75 off my gut
  • = 4 inches lost
  • So, less the hips .25 inch gain
  • It looks like I actually lost 3.75 inches this week!
Cannot complain, this may be slow going, and then suddenly fast, at least in my bust this week, but going it is.

Even though I fit in so little exercise each week!

6/8/12
Only Exercised Twice this Week

I only exercised Monday and Tue this week. Then I became embroiled in the war of the     fleas! 1st our dog, and now, at least one of the  indoor kitties. All of these fine creatures have been Front Lined too!
Even so, Today, 6/8/12:
Bust 44.5 inches, Underbust 32.75 inches Waist 33inches, Belly Button 35, Gut 38.75 Hips 38.75

Last time I measured,
5/25/12 Bust 42.5, waist 33, tapering to 36.5 then belly button 38, gut 40, hips 39
 Not bad, considering I only exercised Monday and Tuesday.
However, I doubt I will continue to get these nice results by continuing to not get around to it.

I hope that next week I will manage to workout more consistently.

Any out there with flea fighting in a 4 indoor cats and a dog house hold, or the like?

Your advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!




6/1/12

Catch up Week

Well it has taken all of today to get in my 1st full day, at this point meaning 6 exercises I wrote about below on 5/11/12, I aim to do every other day. I only managed a few of them on Wednesday this week, so I suppose I should be happy to have gotten in my full 6 at last!

I have been playing catch up all week at work and in other responsibilities! I am not quite done with that yet either…

Therefore, I did not measure a thing this week.

I aim to resume the above-mentioned 6, 3 abs and 3 leg, exercises every other day.
Then I will try to add back, chest, core and / or arms on the other days I am not doing ab and leg exercises.


5/25/12

I ended up sick and on antibiotics between last Thursday, 5/17, pm and ended my antibiotics just Friday, 5/25 am.

I exercised, not at all since last Wednesday.
I did not eat much.
Still, inches are a bit up:
5/25/12 Bust 42.5, waist 33, tapering to 36.5 then belly button 38, gut 40, hips 39
From the previous week:
Bust 42.5, waist 32.25, tapering though 34 inches between belly button, which ins now 36, Gut 40 and hips 39

Well, it is a set back.
I am writing this on Saturday, the 26th and it was only this afternoon that I began to feel normal again.
I do not normally get side effect from medications, but it appears I did this time.
I plan to resume my exercise next week, likely Tuesday, 5/29.

5/21/12
Lost 4 more inches pretty much doing the 3 each Ab and Leg exercises

Maintained the Ab and Leg exercises I was doing, One Day added some core and shoulder exercises, then got sick…

I am still not well enough to resume exercise, and will keep this brief:

5/18/12: Bust 42.5, waist 32.25, tapering though 34 inches between belly button, which ins now 36, Gut 40 and hips 39

5/11/12: Bust 42.5, waist 32.25 tapering through 36 a bit lower to a 37 inch at belly button,                                                                gut 40.5 hips, 39.5

I did the same, 3 each, Ab and Leg exercises I mentioned before, every other day.

One day, aiming to do work in some core, back, chest, shoulders and arm exercises, I tired a few core, shoulder and chest exercises.
Sadly, I only got to do this one day last week.

I hope that I will be able to continue this real soon. I am really happy about getting my mid-section down to a 34 inch, with a 36 belly button and am just as pleased, perhaps even more so, with loosing a half inch each off my gut and hips!

These exercises are proving to be well worth the little time it takes to do then!


5/11/12
Cut back exercise and lost 2.25 inches on bust, waist and hips

This week I only did get to exercise two days, Tuesday and Thursday

Here are the results compared to last week!
5/11/12: Bust 42.5 waist 32.25 tapering through 36 a bit lower to a 37 inch at belly button,                                                                gut 40.5   hips  39.5 inches
5/4/12:   Bust 43    waist 33.5    tapering to 36    gut 40.5    hips 40 inches

I just did 30 of the a fore mentioned
  • Ab Crunches
  • Oblique Ab Crunches, both using Total Gym’s Ab Crunch attachment
  • 30 Kneeling Plank Presses
And the Leg exercises I mentioned last week
  • 30 Sprinter Starts
  • 30Toe Out Squats
  • 30 Twist Squats
 That is 30 each, just Tuesday and Thursday, mostly in three sets of 10 each.

Looks like the Gut is going to be the tough one to get down.
Back feels good
Eating about the same, which is to say, still not working fruits and more vegetables, less take out food into the diet…

Still thrilled with the results!

5/4/12
Lost .5 inch off waist, 2 inched off bust and hips, and prominent double chin GONE!!

Lost .5 off my waist, gut stayed the same and bust and hips, which I have not measured in a while, down to43 and 40 inches! Additionally, the hard to measure prominent double chin, GONE!!!

So today it is:
Bust 43, waist 33.5 tapering to 36,                                 gut 40.5    hips 40 inches!
Compared to 2/17/12:
Bust 44, waist 35.5, no tapering at that point, just bulge gut 42.75   hips 41 inches

I added one more ab exercise and 3 leg exercises, both two times this week. Also did the usual sets of ab crunch exercises Sunday through Thursday, so far. Although I did 50 ab crunches and 5 sets of 5 oblique ab exercises on Tuesday when I added the leg exercises.



Resumed II

Waist 34 inch tapering down to 36 inches and 40.5 inch Gut

from a more recently, 4/24/12

Waist 35.5 waist tapering down to a 41.5 inch Gut

All I did, using the Ab Crunch attachment on my Total Gym was

Fit In

Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday

30 ab exercise, at level 6

And 15 oblique ab exercises, at level 6

I did this in 3 sets of 10, beginner ad crunch and 5 each, and each side, oblique ab crunches throughout the day.

Those exercises ones shown in the video on my Ab Crunch Exercises I Refer to post.

It is pretty inspiring, to me anyway.

I hope that I can maintain at least this level of exercise this time!

2/17/12
Bust 44, Waist 35.5, Gut 42.75, Hips 41
Consistency Achieved, for 10, some terrible, days!
See the 2/17/12: Lost ½ off Waist and ¼ inch off Gut post for details!

1/29/12
Inches Off Friday Resumed!

Lost an Inch and A Backache!

Tue. 1/17/12 I measured
Bust 45, Waist 37, Gut 43, Hips 41
Actually Resumed Exercise, a major change since fall, on
Sat. 1/21/12
Fri. 1/27/12 Bust 44, Waist 36, Gut 43, Hips 41

I will go into the details of why I stopped exercising from 10/2011 until 1/2012 in a post I will link to this one, fairly soon.

I resumed motivated mostly by a steadily increasing backache.
In this regard, I am thrilled at my progress thus far!

Major Changes in my Total Gym Exercise Plan, thus far:

A. I was doing my Ab crunch attachment exercises with my Total Gym set at Level 5.
Owing to my basic laziness, with regard to my personal care,
& the rearranging of the room I leave mine set up in,
I now have it set at Level 6.

B. I notice I am not doing Plank Presses
Perhaps this is why I am not loosing much in the way of inches

C. As it is much harder to do Oblique Ab exercises at level 6, rather than 5, I have only just, very tentatively, started to do them


Here is a banner, in which a Total Gym appears to be set at Level 4 or 5

Total Gym Premium Product

The difference between level 5 and 6 made littlie difference to me, doing beginner ab exercise, with Ab Crunch attachment.

This is just a picture, not a link, of the Ab Crunch attachment used at a more reasonable level!



Doing the Oblique Crunch exercise, for me the difference between level 5 and 6 was ENORMOUS.

Also
I thought I was dong Core Extensions, and looking,
Back at what I did in the fall
and the Kneeling Plank Press card
I find that the not quite right version of a Core Extension I though I was sort of doing, at level 6, was really a combination of a Kneeling Plank Press and a Core Extension…
This post I am just going to call this a Poor Core Extension.


I am going to look into a better way to show you what I mean by these exercises.


This is what I did, exercise wise on my Total Gym what resulted in
No Backache and 1 inch off my waist:

Sat. 1/21/12
It being a Saturday, and a lazy one at that, I played around with the exercises a little:

All at Level 6; I am usually too lazy / busy to easily adjust the levels. However, this about what I can FIT IN. So….

30 Poor Core Extensions at level 6
30 Surfer Exercises at Level 3
Both of these among the Core, or Total Body, Exercises

20 Beginner Ab Crunches, with attachment, at level 6
Played around with mostly back and chest exercises at lower levels

Then I got down to what was really going to happen during most of the week:

All at Level 6:
Mon. 1/23: 30 Ab Crunches, with attachment
30 Poor Core Extensions
5 each side, Oblique Ab Crunches, with attachment

Wed. 1/25: 30 Ab Crunches
30 Poor Core Extensions

OH Yeah, I resolved, over the weekend to at least not do the same exercises two days in a row.
No surprise at All when I:

Thur. 1/26: 30 Ab Crunches, with attachment
30 Poor Core Extensions
5 each side, Oblique Ab Crunches, with attachment

By Wed:

I still had the Backache, yet I

  • felt stronger
  • am standing taller
  • moving more gracefully
  • dancing in front of the stove whilst cooking
  • stepping with enthusiasm rather than just dragging around with the our Teddy Dog on walks

By Thursday, No Backache!

This pretty much ensures I will keep up my exercise program this time.

There are plenty of

  • Ab
  • BackCore, or Total Body
  • Arm
  • Chest
  • Legs
  • Shoulders
  exercises you can do with the Total Gym, just the way it comes. I just wanted to try the attachment too.
More later, and will work on a better way to show these exercises here.


The Total Did Not Get Around to Fitness Week
ate more than my usual junk food too, maintained OK!

10/28/11



Starting

Wed.  10/5/11 Waist 39 inches, Gut 44

Fri.     10/7/11 Waist 37 inches, Gut 43.5 Hips 42.5
Fri      10/14/11 Bust 45, Waist 36.5, Gut 43.5 Hips 42.5 


Fri      10/21/11 Bust 44.5.Waist 36.5, Gut 43.75, Hips 42.75


Fri       10/28/11 Bust 44, Waist 37, Gut 43.5, Hips 42.5

10/28/11
The Total Slack Off Week

Bet you could see this coming. Ever get caught up in a, in my case long overdue, project at work, and every thing else has to wait? Well that is what happened this week.

Still, I ate almost the same amount of Yodels, some Ice Cream, Twice as much to Mc Donalds and Pizza! When you do not have time to cook, it’s Fast Food time, right?

Well this happens to all of us, and a gain of an inch at my waist, and a loose of .75 between my bust and hips, (?), means: Not too discouraging, I guess some of this could be water weight, or something.

The main thing is I am not at the disturbing 39 inch waist I started with. I will not return there either!

I aim to have real inch loss to report here next Friday!
However, I doubt I will be cutting out the Yodels, or the fast food and pizza, entirely, anytime soon.

10/21/11

Must be the maintaining minimum

Small dietary changes, Very little exercise



My diet is very easy going, I try, and usually fail, to add healthy foods to the deli food and deserts I enjoy.  Last week I merely worked in a high fiber cereal once, and beans, once.



This week I only managed:



Sun.

One set each of:

15 Beginner Ab Crunches
15 each, right and left side, Oblique Crunches
15 Kneeling Plank Press

Mon.
One set each of:
10 Beginner Ab Crunches
10 each, right and left side, Oblique Crunches
10 Kneeling Plank Press

Well this week I started out pretty lamely and just got more run down during the week.

I have noticed that if I do not do at least one set before breakfast, I will not likely get around to any at all on that same day.

It is clear that real gains, in this case losses, will likely only be had if I
  • Exercise, at least one set, before breakfast
  • If I am only going to get to this 2 days a week, I must work in at least 3 sets of no less than 10 each on those days.
Will give it a try next week!

10/14/11
Not bad considering that I only managed:

With my Total Gym set on Level 5:

  • Sun.
One set each of:
10 Beginner Ab Crunches
10 each, right and left side, Oblique Crunches
15 of What Total Gym, card #59, (the Total Gym comes with cards showing an exercise on each), Kneeling Plank Press

  • Mon.
One set each of:
10 Beginner Ab Crunches
10 each, right and left side, Oblique Crunches
15 Kneeling Plank Press

After that I did not get around to exercising the rest of the week.
I still have not modified my diet in any way.

Given the slacking off I was especially surprised to find a loss of ½ an inch at my waist!

I was not expecting gain, but not loss either. What Can I say, except : A much-needed pleasant surprise!

I was also surprised because my original Inadvertant Exercise Plan has gone from 2 one hour walks a day to mostly hanging out at the dog park.

Great for the pup
not so great with regard tome keeping in shape.

After all, it was inadvertent to start with so this is ok.

Even with so little exercise this week I noticed
  • I am keeping better posture,
  • I am feeling springy and dancing around a bit

While doing just ab exercises, strange but there it is.

I added my bust measurements to the stats at the top of this page because I fully intend to start chest, core and back exercises in the near future.

I may also modify my diet to eat healthier than my normal deli sandwiches, pizza, Yodels and cake.




Lost 2.5 inches in 2 days!

Starting
Wed. 10/5/11 waist 39 inches, Gut 44
Fri. 10/7/11 waist 37 inches, Gut 43.5 Hips 42.5

Lost 2 inches off my waist and a 1/2 inch off my gut.
What I did:
Using the Ab Crunch attachment on my Total Gym
With it set at level 5, 6 being its steepest incline.
Wed.
Did 3 sets of 10 each Beginner Ab Crunches, throughout the day.
Did 2 sets of 5 each, right and left side, Oblique Crunches throughout the day.

Thur.
Using the Ab Crunch attachment of my Total Gym
Did 3 sets of 10 each Beginner Ab Crunches, throughout the day.
Did 3 sets of 5 each, right and left side, Oblique Crunches throughout the day.

Using my Total Gym with its ‘toe bar’, (I think that is what it is called)
Did 3 sets of 10 throughout the day
Kneeling Plank Press, # 59, an abs exercise, in the cards that came with my Total Gym
These are so easy I could have done 10 each of my waking hours!

I ate a fair amount of fatty and somewhat sugary foods, so dieting did not enter into it.
I did these sets at good breaking points during the day, when I had just a couple of minutes.

Next week I plan to add 3 more Total Gym exercises. Ones I found out I enjoyed and made my back feel immediately better, when I first got my Total Gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment