Saturday, March 1, 2014

When You Cannot Exercise, Put it in Perspective

Having just resumed exercise lately, I am a bit peeved that I, and many others at home, have a cold or flu. Try as I might, by Friday I could not exercise after work. My other, main problem involves a, going on 4 months, solve of a complication of a heart surgery I had last summer.

One of My Favorite Perspective songs

Combine minor present time problems with long term major problems, (such as above-mentioned medical problem), and I like, especially the last line of this fun song to help me observe the big picture, so to speak…

Then again, I am a big fan of the Animaniacs anyway.

Back to the Kneeling Plank Press Question

Having gotten no answers from my question of last month,
I tried to better duplicate what I see in the pictures of the Kneeling Plank Press card.

Numerous cards, with an exercise each, came with my Total Gym.

What that turned out to be was,
moving my knees to the end of the print,
rather than the inner edge of the end cushion,
where I had originally positioned myself.

Then I did 2 sets of squat type leg exercises.

Two sets of 25 each,
which may be too much to start with.

So the tops of my thighs were still kind of sore,
and I did not know if it was too may squat style exercises,
or still not doing the Kneeling Plank Press exercise right…
or maybe just the flu at this point, could be that too…

The Plan, for When I Resume Workouts


So I am going to leave off the squat exercises for a bit when I resume exercising
Do the Kneeling Plank Press exercises with my knees in the above mentioned, more like the picture on its card, place.

This should show me if I’m getting it right yet.

If so, I will carry on with the Kneeling Plank Presses,
and resume the squat exercises,
but start off with 3 sets of 10,
as I had been doing all other exercises.
Rather than the 2 sets of 25 each I had originally started those leg squat exercises with.

Well it is A plan anyway…

Stay Healthy!
Or if like me;
Get then Stay Healthy!

3/1/14
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment