Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Adding Different Exercises, Instead of Overdoing Ab Crunches


With Good Results!

Two weeks ago I did ab crunch exercises every day, whilst adding leg exercises two times that week and while the results were results were excellent but..

I could tell by the way I felt by the end of the week, (like I had been hit by a truck!), that this regime could not, or should not be maintained.

A friend suggested stretching before and after each exercise. True, I do not stretch much at all, except often when walking our dog. He stops a lot. Then I bend all the way down from the waist, (I know I am not going to be lifting so..), as I pet him and tell him what a good dog he is.

I did not really think stretching was the problem.

Last week I did the 3 each Ab and Leg exercises, every other day only. I felt fine and lost 2.25 inches in one week !

This week I am experimenting with adding several, to start, Core, shoulder and / or chest and back exercises on those off Ab and Leg exercise days.

I will post the results on Friday, or close to it, as usual.

The up shot is. Total Gym is weight lifting.
Results may be splendid, but do not do the same exercises two days in a row.
Besides there are so many to choose from anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment