Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Much has happened since May!

Yep! I bet that is true is everyone's life.
From my Fitting In Fitness, with the help of our dog, my coach Teddy this is what has changed the most:

From about late May, or early June;
  • No matter how short we kept, (We! Ha! Thank you Susan the Groomer at Pet Smart!) Teddy's fur. (& he BITES!)
  • No matter that I walked during the coolest parts of the day.
  • No matter that I offered water every 15 minutes

He turned into the Carry Me dog!
I need more black shirts, and I do not like wearing black, especially in the summer.

Eventually, with heat waves of over 100 degrees, we even took much shorter walkes. All walks turned into, Then I carry him back.

I figure coach Teddy is helping me work up my upper body strenght. Just as his biting, unpredictably, has helped me sharpen my reflexes!
Nice of him, but a recent trip to the vet reveals that he has gained a few pounds. Now when a 15 lb dog gains 3 pounds, it is proportionally much worse than a 160 pound human gaining 3 pounds.

In an effort to help prevent our Teddy from out of shape related illness, I have simply made sure we take different walks daily.

This puts us on the path of Places We Have Not Walked in Months!
It worked!
It not only insures he takes a bigger interest in walking, more new scents and scenes for him.
It also insures he walks most of the hour, then I spend at least 15 minutes, or more, carrying him back.
It also helps entertain folks we pass on the streets! The most common comment we get is "who is walking who?" I just tell them, we are, we walk each other, take turns! Stuff like that. It makes people smile.

The effect is:
Teddy is walking further out
I am getting a tad stronger!
He, and other things I must lift teel lighter!

I cauaght a glimpse of myself in the mirror, with my tankini top on, getting ready to go to the pool...I have been over weight long enough to have trained my self to look always automatically, but this time I caught a glimpse, and LOOKED BACK!
The part, for a few inches below my bust is noticeably much narrower.
As in the ratio between my bust to underbust and waist was: WOW!
The rest of the look down, not so wow, but Thank You Teddy just the same!

There has been swimmign on a regular, well at least 1 to 3 times a week, basis this summer for me and my daughter!
Here is where I found my selft with not quite enought breath to swim the way I normally had. Granted, it has been decades since I swam regularly at all!

So I am looking into the E Cigarettes I saw on TV, found a coupon, posted it here in the right column. Usually smokes just hurt my checkbook. Now I find I am not up to breast stroking a short, width of the pool, lap! I am not taking this side stroking all the time! Nor will I accept it could be because I am 50 as a reason to be short of breath, in the pool!

Besides, cigarettes have cost too much for way too long!
I figure I could at least try the cheap, disposbnle e cigs soon, see how they are.

I will get back to you about that.

and about adventures in sun screen, rash guards, swimwear and the like

This time I will take  less than nearly 3 months to do it!

Hoping you are having a fun and enjoyable summer!
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment